Saturday we went to the Oakland temple for our Stake temple day. It's been really difficult to go since Micah has been born because my children just don't stay with other people very well and they are all nursers. It's always so hard when they are babies. This time we were able to reserve a room at the stake center which is on the temple grounds. We took snacks and toys and Linnea watched Micah and Gavin. It was a lot of work for her but she did a great job and we're so appreciative. Gavin helped her with Micah as well. Our Bishop really encouraged all ward members to go, even children, just to be on the temple grounds. I loved having the children there to see the temple and feel the spirit on the grounds. It was a COLD day but beautiful. I am once again amazed at the spirit we feel in our home after attending the temple and the blessings I already feel in our lives. I am rededicating my resolve to attend the temple more often. Jacen was not feeling well that day but I plan on taking him to do baptisms in the temple every month.
2 comments:
so nice you got to go. love that temple. and the poppies are back!!!
I need to make it to the temple more often, 4 hours away makes for a whole day in travel, but it is so worth it! Because of how far it is I don't make it for a while after babies are born. I guess that means I need to go a lot before August!
Post a Comment