Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just Letting It Out...

One thing that bugs me about blogs is that they seem to paint a life of perfection. I'm not going to post about my fight with my husband or that my kids are unruly because of my bad parenting, or that I gained ten pounds because of my chocolate addiction (those things aren't really true, well except maybe my bad parenting). Life isn't perfect and I'm just having one of those days where I need to let it out.

I feel like my life is at one of it's more stressful times.
Micah is acting more and more like two. He's throwing fits and screams much of the day.
I've never been good at parenting. I'll be the first but not the only to say that.
He learned how to climb out of his bed. Great. Now I can't even contain him.
None of my others kids did that. Any suggestions?
We really need another bedroom. Micah doesn't have any where he can sleep but my room.
Jacen can't share with anyone because his room is super tiny and because he can't get along with anyone. Linnea is almost eleven and needs her own privacy. I get so frustrated sometimes about living in a little shoe box. But then I go for a walk along the gorgeous coastline that is walking distance from my house and I think it's all worth it....for a while.
My teenager seems to lack motivation on every scale and I worry about if he will ever get into college, let alone BYU. He doesn't like school. He doesn't like being the only boy so many times at mutual. I don't blame him for that. He is always about ready to burst and I totally stress out, walking on egg shells, just waiting for the explosion.
I have two dogs that I don't really want and no one really enjoys that much and I have to clean up after them and feed them. I'd rather not. I'd rather have a clean house. And on days like today when its raining, they have to be inside because they don't have a dry outside space. That means lots of dog hair and filth in my kitchen.
I am grateful for many things though. I'm grateful for our good health. I'm grateful for two cars that run well. I'm grateful to be a homemaker. I'm grateful that Albert has a good job. I'm grateful for our safety. I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and my testimony above all. I love my family. Life is just hard. Someday Jacen will be a grown up man and Micah won't be almost two and I'll have more space. But then I'm sure I'll miss things about this stage too.
Anyhow, I just had to let that out. Hope you don't mind.

3 comments:

amanda weichers said...

You should check out this blog post about mormon mommy blogs.
http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2011/02/look-into-life-of-real-mormon-mommy.html

Lisa said...

I know exactly what you mean about how blogs mostly paint a perfect picture. Most people, including me, only write about the good uplifting things, even though at the same time the worst possible thing could be going on. I think it's good sometimes to just LET IT OUT and saying it how it really is.
I appreciate you doing that.
This stage in life will pass, eventually, it's just hard sometimes going through the motions of day to day. Hang in there. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Amie said...

Hang in there Jaime!
the end of your post was perfect...one day you WILL miss all those things.