So here it is, February. I feel like I've been slacking in the blogging area but really we haven't been doing much. And we've been sick. Don't even get me started on how terrible the past week has been. A mother should not have to ever be able to be sick. Their are just too many people for her to take care of. I was dreaming of being sick and actually getting to rest.... someday. And when the husband/father is sick as well.... it's just too hard. Three of the kids were sick and needy and it was just not fun at our house. I'm glad I'm starting to feel better. It will help me tackle my problems of everyday life better. One of my big problems right now is my student teaching looming in my horizon. I only have two classes left that I will complete this spring. Then I only have my student teaching to complete next fall in order to graduate. I knew all that. What I didn't realize was that student teaching was a full time deal. Neither Micah or I are ready for me to be teaching full time! But I want to graduate too. I may, well.. probably will have to put it off. Too bad. I was just completing my education for the security of having it and knowing that someday I will probably want to/like to teach. My academic adviser was highly frustrated with me and I finally had to tell her that my family was my top priority, way above anything else and they had to come first. I told her that I take my job as a mother very seriously. She just couldn't understand why I would have trouble putting my baby in day care. Anyway, that has been on my mind. Enough rambling. I need to get on with my day. I'm posting some random pictures of Micah. He's a funny little guy and so fun to spend my days with.
4 comments:
I can understand your frustration regarding education. Motherhood seems like one long lesson on sacrifice... but you're doing the right thing. It will get done eventually- just wish your adviser could be more understanding.
You are awesome! I would love to go to school, but being a mother is all I can do right now. I would like to take at least a class so I can be learning.
I am 100% in support of your decision to postpone graduation. This precious time with our little ones goes so quick. We can work when these little guys are in school but we can never get back this time. Just think-who would be taking all those cute picture of Micah if not for you? I hope your heart and head can find comfort in this. Good Luck. You'll be in my thoughts.
You are such a good mama. Keep up the good work. Glad you are all well and healthy. There's nothing like a good dose of sick to make you appreciate the health.
I've resolved to go to college when my kids go to college. I hope they won't mind me taking the same classes and sitting next to them.
You are amazing for having the desire and for having accomplished so much so far. You inspire me. xoxo
Post a Comment