Saturday, March 20, 2010

Garrapata Hike at Big Sur

Off to the left there was an amazing gorge but you can't see it well.
All the wildflowers were really pretty.

Micah and I

We stopped for a snack along the way and had sandwiches, hummus and pita bread, apples, carrots and water.



We crossed several creeks. The water was especially high after all the rain we've gotten recently.

This picture doesn't even do the clover justice--it's HUGE!


Gavin by this cool waterfall.

Micah in the hiking back pack. At first he really wasn't sure about it. It's the first time we've used it. But then he Loved it! He loved looking around up high and I loved hearing his happy squeals and laughs.

This was further up in the redwoods. Beautiful!

Linnea with this cool lizard. Gavin wanted to bring it home really badly.

Poppies--we thought of virtue. That is the focus of our Stake right now.


I loved these pretty wildflowers growing in front of this dilapidated old fence. This was at the beginning of the hike.
This was towards the beginning of the hike.


Our view at the end of the hike.

4 comments:

Лена said...

What a pretty hike!

Ritters said...

Really beautiful!

Ben and Rachel said...

Aw! I miss that place

Karena said...

Wow, what a hike! Looks really beautiful. I love the small waterfall and the little lizard!