Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Preterm Labor ... anyone??
So, yesterday my stomach was cramping all day. Of course I didn't have time to stop and try to lie down or time it or even wonder too long what it was. It continued to get worse towards evening and after a stressful bout with kids in the late afternoon. I finally called the nurse and then the doctor and had to go to the hospital. It turns out I was having regular contractions two minutes apart and dialated to a 2. So the nurse gave me two shots and a pill to relax my uterus and slow down the contractions. She said in another week or two they would have let it take its course but it's still a little early. I'll be 35 weeks on Thursday. So that worked and I came home and now I'm supposed to be lying down as much as possible. How that is even remotely possible with three kids is totally beyond me! I will try. At least it's only for a couple of weeks. So, I was wondering... do any of you have stories of preterm labor? And how did it work out for you? When did you go into labor and actually deliver your baby? Please tell me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I went into labor with Madison at 34 weeks. I stayed in the hospital for a few days then went home on complete bed rest. I couldn't even drink much because they didn't want me to get up to go to the bathroom. At 36 weeks I went into labor again. This time the medicine didn't stop the contractions and I had her 4 weeks early. You need to take it easy. Your kids are old enough to do so much for you. Let them do it. It may be a great learning experience for them.
Had Meg at 35 weeks and lots of problems! She was better out then in they told me. But we were in the Hospital for 6weeks after, very hard with other kids, so I hope the best for you and that you will be able to bring your little boy home soon health and strong.
I have no experience with this, but wanted to let you know that we're thinking about you and praying that everything turns out well. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment