Briefly, I will update you a little on the info of Micah's birth. As you know I was induced and so I got to Monterey Community Hospital at about 7:20 a.m. Things were slow to get started because of some paper work and procedures. Hydration fluids were started and then Pitocin. Real labor took a while to start. The doctor came after lunch and broke my water and that is when my labor really started (about 1 p.m.). I had chosen not to have an epidural and chose instead a couple of light pain medications (I was told it was safe to have two doses through the course of labor). I had one dose when I was dialated to a 4 and then another dose when I was dialated to about a 6. At a dialation of a 7 I decided maybe I was wrong in choosing not to have an epidural. I asked for the anaesthesiologist. He arrived and the nurse decided to check me once more and the baby was coming! I had dialated from a 7 to a full dialation in less than 15 minutes. They hurried and called the doctor and I felt like I was torn between wanting to wait for the doctor and wanting to get the baby out. I pushed three times and then the doctor ran in, washed his hands and ran over during the fourth push to catch the baby. Micah was born at 4:48 p.m. and weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and 20 inches long and healthy and perfect! He's so sweet and we're all so happy about welcoming him into our home.
8 comments:
Congratulations! He is beautiful.
Oh, he's SO cute!! I'm glad things went smoothly and he was the perfect size! We love him already. CONGRATULATIONS!!
We are so glad Micah is here! Congrats!
Congratulations! What a brave woman you are. Now gavin has a little buddy! I'm glad that everything went well
Jamie! You are AWESOME! Welcome Micah to your new family,I'm so glad your here.
Congratulations! He is adorable, and you are incredible!
Congrats to all of you! You have a beautiful family and we enjoy seeing your posts and pictures!
The McCartneys
Congratulations!
He is so sweet.
Sounds like you did a great job!!
Post a Comment