Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mothers Day to Me!

Gavin and I at our special brunch celebration.

The kids helped make cupcakes for me and, as you can see, are enjoying them as well.

I had a really nice mothers day. My celebrations actually started with a special brunch I got to share with Gavin at his preschool. It was a nice time for just the two of us. He presented me with a handmade tote bag with his picture in it. Sunday was wonderful. I love that Mothers Day is always on a Sunday so I can attend church on that day. Jacen presented me with a beautiful red rose and then we had our annual ward Mothers Day Brunch during the third hour. I always look forward to that special pampering time. It is so good of our Bishopric and priesthood leaders. Linnea and Gavin made me lots of sweet hand drawn cards and coupons. After a great and much needed nap, the kids and I went for a long walk into Monterey and the weather was perfect. I love being a mother.

No comments: