Saturday, October 2, 2010

Monarch Butterflies!

The reason we are called Butterfly Town U.S.A. is because the butterflies migrate here every year. This is a tree in the butterfly sanctuary.
To celebrate the migration of the butterflies, we have a Butterfly Parade. All the school children dress up as various fun things. The kindergarteners dress up as the covetous butterflies. Linnea and Gavin were both butterflies in years past.
Gavin and his friend. They were darling Moon Jellies!
Linnea and her friend dressed up patriotic.
The middle school and high school bands marched. Here is Jacen in the high school band. He is in the picture (center right) on trumpet.
Albert and Micah at the parade. (Micah eating his fruit leather.)
Micah and I at the Butterfly Bazaar. This was the beginning of the bazaar. I didn't look so happy at the end. Next year we will go to the parade and then listen to the bands play and then we are going HOME! I get so frustrated every year with a crying tired baby and too long of lines. (Sorry, I had to vent.)
After the parade, both middle and high school bands create a circle and then each take turns playing a song. They each played about 4-5 songs. It was great and totally kept Micah's attention as well. I was so proud of Jacen. I LOVE hearing him play and him play with the band. They were outstanding. I wish he loved it as much as I do.

1 comment:

Karena said...

This is really cool! I love how many butterflies are on that tree! My girls would be in heaven!