Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reading

Gavin is reading!
He has been for quite some time now but yesterday he got an award for his reading at school.
He was bubbling over with excitement when I picked him up from the bus stop. He said, "Mommy, today was a special day for me!" He wouldn't tell me why though until we got home, although he could hardly contain himself. When we got home he made me close my eyes until he pulled out his reading award and then told me to open my eyes to see it. Yay! I'm so proud of Gavin and am so excited for his reading development! I LOVE to read and Jacen and Linnea love to read and so now Gavin can join in the fun.

Gavin is reading a little book to baby Micah. So sweet! I love reading with my children and I love the excitement they feel when they learn to read all by themselves! I feel like it is one of the most rewarding experiences of being a mother. I find almost nothing as great as diving into a good book--especially reading a good book with my children. Right now we're reading Chronicles of Narnia Volume 1.

2 comments:

Ritters said...

I love reading with my kids too! Zachary is the only one who can read but Logan will start next year! I love taking just the boys to the Library to read them book after book it is really fun!

Ben and Rachel said...

Go Gavin! I love reading with Max also even though he sometimes acts totally uninterested. It's the motions though I guess! I saw the Taylor-Jenson family this weekend while they were visiting family here in Provo. Made me miss Monterey. They seem to be loving San Diego though.