Monday, September 15, 2008

Our walk turned into another beach episode...



The kids were digging for sand crabs. I remember doing that on this same beach with my grandparents.
I should have gotten an "after" picture of them soaking wet!

Albert was over at Dong's house watching BYU football with the boys, Jacen had just returned from a camping trip and was completely ZONKED out asleep (he woke up that evening and asked, "What day is it?" <: ) so Gavin and Linnea and I were hanging out in the house until we had run out of things to do and needed to get out and get some fresh air. So we decided to go for a nice, little walk. Linnea, in her foresight (what would I do without her?) packed a lunch for us of almonds, water bottles, and apples and we set off. We walked over toward the coastline and somehow ended up at the beach. "Okay kids... we will walk along the sand but let's not get into the water, okay?" So we did. Then... "Okay kids, let's just put our feet in the water. Oh, that feels nice and cool." The kids loved looking for jelly fish and watching the dogs retrieve and watching the surfers catching waves. Then... "Okay, you can go in up to your knees, but that is it!" Pretty soon Gavin was in completely wet in his clothes and soon after Linnea was completely wet too, hair and all. I sat and watched them play for quite a while, actually until the sun started to set. It was so nice to watch them play together--they really play well together. Thank goodness for brothers and sisters! Finally I made them come out of the water and they ate some of Linnea's snack food, shivering all the while. I decided to call Albert (who was home by then) to come and pick us up so that the kids wouldn't have to shiver walking home. We had fun but is it just me that is the mother of all push-overs? We never seem to be able to just walk along the beach. The water is way too inviting. I love it though.

1 comment:

Rochel said...

nah, not a push-over! Sounds like a fun mom to me!