Today was Gavin's first day of preschool! His name has been on the waiting list since October and he adamantly did NOT want to go to school then. However, now that he is a BIG 4 year old, when the preschool called and said he was at the top of the list and could enroll, he was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!! He has tried to be patient the last couple of weeks. He was so excited this morning and had to wait almost an eternity for 10 o'clock to come so we could go. When we got there, he was interested in all the activities but it was just dawning on him that I was going to leave. He whimpered just a tiny bit when I hugged him good-bye and then was fine. Linnea and Jacen had an early dismissal from school today and so they came with me to pick Gavin up. He was a happy boy and is anxious to go back on Friday.
Gavin was thrilled about getting a new race car lunchbox and taking a lunch to school. This is what he had for lunch:
*hard boiled egg
*applesauce cup
*grape juice
*cinnamon race car cookies
When I examined his lunch box after school, I saw that he had eaten ALL of his lunch. His older brother and sister could learn a lesson about eating from him. <:
Happy preschool days to Gavin!
3 comments:
Soooo cute! I love that you told us what he ate for lunch. I love this whole blogging thing, it's super fun and nice to be able to check in to see how everyone is doing and all of that.
Funny, takes you back too because I remember getting all excited each year when I got to pick out my new lunch box.
Thanks for sharing!
Rochel Lewis
I'm so glad he did great, I've been wondering. This brings be back to Linnea's first day of preschool; does he have the same teachers? Does he know anyone else in his class? Where do you get race car cookies?
I'm glad all it went well. The lunchbox thing is a big deal. Maila talks about it often, and what exactly she wants when she starts Kinder in the fall. The desired design changes weekly of course...
Gavin is going to Hilltop Preschool, same as Linnea, but with a different teacher. He is in the otter class. I think Linnea was in the dolphin class with Ms. Marcia. He knows Sam, Tucker's brother. Tucker is in Linnea's class now. When we were waiting yesterday for the teacher to open the door though, we saw Cal and talked to him and his family and Landon ran up to Gavin very excited to see him so we talked to him and his family. That was fun. Too bad he's not in the same class as them though. Race car cookies--we got them at Whole Foods. Once I heard a parent complaining about lunchtime being wasted school time, but I think it's just so fun for the kids! What kind of lunchbox does Maila and Dallin have?
Post a Comment