I wasn't sure how Gavin was going to feel about sitting on Santa's lap. He is very wary of strangers but I guess after reading about Santa and singing about Santa and talking about Santa coming with presents, he didn't feel like such a stranger. We were at our ward christmas party at church and as the dinner wrapped up, Gavin was in the other part of the building playing with Jacen and the big boys. I went to tell him that Santa was there and he ran so fast down the hall yelling, "Santa's here! Santa's here!" It was so cute to see his great enthusiasm! He told Santa that he had been very good (a bit of an exaggeration!<:) and wanted a race track. We have been using Santa as motivation for the past few months to encourage Gavin to behave!
Linnea was so sweet sitting on Santa's lap and talking with him. Santa was also very sweet. (He was actually Brother Spencer!) Linnea told him that she would like a doll. I think every year she says that--it makes it easier on Santa anyway! This year; however, she will be surprised with a very special American Girl doll. Santa passed out delicious Lula Chocolate Peppermint Bark (thanks to Brother Lund). The parents were envious of that!
I'm so glad that Jacen is still not too old to sit on Santa's lap! I remember sitting on his lap when I was twelve or thirteen still. Jacen very nicely told Santa that for Christmas he wanted a nice Christmas dinner and time with his family. I was so proud of him! What a mature and sweet boy I have! It was a very fun night with our friends and ward members. The dinner was delicious and the decorations were beautiful. Our friends, the Nilsson family, came and met us there. We sang Christmas songs and Jacen did such an outstanding job playing his trumpet! He played "The First Noel", "Joy to the World" and "Good King Wenceslas." He performed for about 300 people and just did it wonderfully! I'm so proud of him for developing and sharing his talent! We ended on a spiritual note before Santa arrived. Santa was a perfect santa and entertained close to 60 children before leaving...instead of his reindeer, I think he exited on one of his many cool cars...perhaps it was his porche that night. "Merry Christmas to all...and to all a good night!"
No comments:
Post a Comment