Christmas Eve was a bit of an adventure. The Sunday before my van broke down on the way to church and then Monday I didn't have a vehicle to do any "getting ready for Christmas" errands. So Tuesday on Christmas Eve, I waited for Albert to get home for work at noon and we went out car shopping. We came home by 4:30 with a new Nissan Rogue, which I love! Everyone had been telling me it was time for me to get a new car and I didn't want to. Frugal me wanted to avoid another car payment and make do, hoping that my van would last me through Jacen's whole mission. Oh well. It didn't happen. I am grateful that paying a little extra each month on Albert's trailblazer paid off in being able to pay it off a year early. So in doing so, we will pay off the trailblazer this January and our new car payment on the Rogue will start in February. I'm grateful that their isn't any overlapping. Anyhow, I felt a bit unprepared for Christmas Eve and Christmas with all of that going on. We made it over to my parent's house that night and ate dinner there. We had a nice nativity play with all the children. The sweet sister missionary read a nice Christmas story. It was nice to have both the older sister missionaries there and the young Elders. I was thinking that next year Jacen will be somewhere in the world in someone else's home for Christmas.
Christmas morning the kids woke up and had presents at home.
Then that afternoon we went to Coalinga and visited with Albert's parents and brothers.
It was a nice Christmas. I'm kind of glad its over. The next day I took down the Christmas decorations and was glad to get rid of the clutter and clean house.
No comments:
Post a Comment