Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Year's Day Hike At Millerton Lake


 For New Years we met up with my Mom and brother and his family for a picnic and hike at Millerton Lake. It was a perfect sunny day and we had so much fun. I love that the lake is only 25 minutes away. The lake is really low right now during winter. Hopefully we get some rain/snow this winter so it will be higher in the summer!

 We came down on this beach and we all skipped rocks. The kids (me too) were so excited when they were able to skip rocks!
 Gollum (Garet) below

 lots of climbing on rocks


 My studly brother. He says he dresses for a workout every time he takes his kids out because it is a workout. (: He's right! I learned that when he asked me to watch one of his Autistic kids once at the zoo and I had him nicely cornered where he couldn't escape and then in a split second he had jumped over a fence and climbing down some rocks. I headed after him in my non-running shoes. He was way ahead of me and a little child passed by and asked his Mom why I was climbing in the restricted area. She quickly said, "We don't do that." If only they knew I wasn't just climbing there for the fun of it! Anyhow, I digress... That was another day.

 Pretty cool tree huh. And a very cool kid.

No comments: