My nephew (Tera's youngest child) is getting baptized next week. She asked me to play the piano for the baptism. So I have been practicing "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" and "When I Am Baptized" and "Book of Mormon Stories" so that I'll be less likely to mess up on the day (no promises though). Micah is so sweet. He crawled up on the piano bench beside me and I noticed him studying my hands and then trying to match his to play like mine. It made me think that I need to live my life in a way that will be good for him to try to "match". We played several songs and sang along. I love the primary songs. I love being a mother.
Then Micah pointed up to the old black and white pictures on the piano and asked who they were. I pointed to each one and explained that they were Grama Shirley's mother and father and sister and the baby was Grama Shirley. He said, "Grama used to be a baby like Holly!" (Holly is our old neighbor who up and moved to Utah--we miss her and her family!!) We talked about how his Great Grama and Grampa were living with Jesus and we would see them again because we were sealed in the temple. Micah said, "I love the temple. Lets go there again." I said, "I love the temple too. Let's go soon." Then we played "I Love to See the Temple" on the piano and sang along and I cried just a little bit. I'm so grateful for the gospel and my family and that I'm a mother and I love these sweet little moments with my children in life that are small and seemingly insignificant as a solitary moment but adds up to be something very significant.
1 comment:
Very cute! I love to play the piano, I can only play top hand (I taught myself), but if we had a piano I would take lessons!
Post a Comment