Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back

I guess I didn't need a very long Hiatus. I guess it doesn't really help to be away. Blogging helps beat away the tumdrums anyhow.

General Conference was really great. It helps lift my spirits so much. I always feel like a few points are directed just. to. me.
And in between sessions (after the huge fight with Jacen) we went across the street and blew bubbles, threw frisbees, picked daisies and made bracelets with them, swung in tree swings, soaked in some warm sun and walked with the dog.

So today I started the cleanse diet that I mentioned a few posts ago. My sister is going to do it with me but she is starting tomorrow. Today I can only eat fruit, but no bananas. I made a huge fruit salad to have for breakfast and it was really yummy. It contained raspberries, cantaloupe, strawberries, apples, pineapple, and oranges. For lunch I had a fruit smoothie of strawberries and pineapple and melon. Then this afternoon I had another bowl of fruit salad. I've been drinking lots of water. This morning I had water in which I squeezed a lemon. I'm a little hungry and a little tired. It's kind of hard watching the kids eat taquitos and cookies. I'm making a recipe for dinner from an Iranian friend of mine that is soooo good. But I won't eat any. I'll have to make it again when I can. I'll post the recipe sometime. I wonder how I will feel running tomorrow. I'll post and let you know how things go on this cleanse diet. I'm determined to finish.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad you're back!
Yes, General Conference was AMAZING. It always makes me kind of sad that we have to wait another six months for conference.
Sounds like you're doing great on your diet! Keep it up. :D You'll be glad when it's over that you had the determination to stick with it. Let us know how it goes.
btw..I am really glad you're back. I enjoy reading your blog and glad that you are honest and say it how it is.

Karena said...

I'm glad it was a short hiatus! I tried a fruit and vegetable and then juice fast one summer home from college. I ate only fruits and veggies the first day, then only fresh juices the next day and a half. It was supposed to be juices for 3 days but I couldn't do it. I hope you are more successful than me!