Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Summer Afternoon

Things come to a point when the television is driving me crazy and I've memorized a certain Wizards of Waverly Place that had been DVR'd. We HAVE to get out.

So we headed to the Point Pinos Lighthouse.
This is the oldest continuously running lighthouse on the West Coast.
Below Linnea and Gavin are fascinated by a typewriter. Linnea really wants one.
We also read through the notes of some of the lighthouse keepers and read adventurous true stories of danger on the sea.

Gavin wanted to sleep here. I think his own bed is more comfy.

The main bedroom for the lighthouse keeper.

After enjoying the lighthouse, we spent sometime outdoors.
My kids LOVE climbing trees.

Micah and I

Micah feels very adventuresome here.

We headed to the tennis courts and had some fun with tennis...even Micah.

And ended with some playing at the park.

2 comments:

Ritters said...

Oh how I wish I lived somewhere else. I would love to live on the coast. It is hot and there isn't many fun things to do that don't cost a lot. What a beautiful lighthouse.

Ben and Rachel said...

What a fun outting. There are a ton of "staycation" opportunities in Monterey/PG. I loved that.