Today is our 11th anniversary!
I was cleaning in the garage and came across a poem I wrote for Albert when we were engaged. It's pretty sappy so you'll have to bare with me. (:
Love is the breath we breathe;
Love is the light in our eyes.
Love is the speech we utter so softly;
Love is our laughter, tears and sighs.
Our love shines through the darkest night;
And puts the stars to shame.
And when the sun arises,
Our love dances on every flame.
Oh, if I could capture this love
And hold to it forever...
To feel its breath and light and smile,
without ever a cause to sever.
But why must I grasp this feeling?
Why must I seize this day?
Our love is eternal.
We'll love forever and ever this way.
I am so grateful for my sweet husband and love the man who he is. Looking back, I'm sure I didn't know what I was getting into at the young age of 20 but I wouldn't have changed a thing. We've been through a lot together and all the ups and downs have only strengthened our bond. So, here's to eleven years....with an eternity to go.
I was cleaning in the garage and came across a poem I wrote for Albert when we were engaged. It's pretty sappy so you'll have to bare with me. (:
Love is the breath we breathe;
Love is the light in our eyes.
Love is the speech we utter so softly;
Love is our laughter, tears and sighs.
Our love shines through the darkest night;
And puts the stars to shame.
And when the sun arises,
Our love dances on every flame.
Oh, if I could capture this love
And hold to it forever...
To feel its breath and light and smile,
without ever a cause to sever.
But why must I grasp this feeling?
Why must I seize this day?
Our love is eternal.
We'll love forever and ever this way.
I am so grateful for my sweet husband and love the man who he is. Looking back, I'm sure I didn't know what I was getting into at the young age of 20 but I wouldn't have changed a thing. We've been through a lot together and all the ups and downs have only strengthened our bond. So, here's to eleven years....with an eternity to go.
3 comments:
aw beautiful! congrats. i love the line "an eternity more to go" i may have to re-use that one!
Congratulations! I was just talking with a friend yesterday about how before you are married 5 yrs, 10 yrs, 20 yrs sounds like a long time to be married. But if you are married to the right one, time flies by and before you know it you are celebrating those anniversaries even though it feels like only yesterday you were married!
That is so crazy! 11 years! Congrates, i really love the poem, I wish I couls say sweet things like that an they sound that pretty coming out. Good job guys, you have a great family.
Post a Comment