Monday, February 16, 2009

Point Lobos

We had a perfect sunny Saturday a couple of weeks ago and Linnea, Gavin and I hopped into the car to make the short 15 minute drive past Carmel to Point Lobos National Park. It is simply beautiful there and especially on such a perfect day! We went on a hike and the picture above is the view down into China Lake Beach from our hiking trail. You can see a cave near the top of the picture. That is the cave the kids are standing in in the picture below. Very exciting! The beach is so picturesque!

A nice couple down exploring the beach took this picture of the three of us. The water here is unusually clear--the picture just doesn't do justice.

A tiny cave the kids found and crawled in. Thank goodness some sort of animal wasn't using it for a home!

This is only half of the stairway to go from the beach back up to the hiking trail! On the way up, Gavin exclaimed, "Mom! I can feel my heart!" Thank goodness we have good hearts!

This was taken a little further on down the trail near Bird's Rock.


I'm so grateful for this amazingly beautiful place that we live and the opportunities I have to share my time with my children. God created a beautiful planet for us.

2 comments: