After Gavin and I dropped Jace and Linnea off at school, we decided to go for one of our walks along the ocean trail. It was lightly sprinkling so we took our umbrella with us (good thing--because it sprinkled hard some of the time). The ocean was so beautiful and we saw a full rainbow over it. Gavin had fun finding worms and snails and cool snail trails through the sand (see picture below!). He also found lots of sand crabs hopping around that he tried to catch. We petted each dog that passed our way and watched the surfers rising and falling with the waves. We decided that we wanted to surf and Gavin asked me if even old people like me could surf! (: We had a great walk and came home just in time for a warm bath before it was time for Gavin to go to preschool. I love having this time with my sweet little Gavin.Thursday, February 5, 2009
A fun walk with Gavin...
After Gavin and I dropped Jace and Linnea off at school, we decided to go for one of our walks along the ocean trail. It was lightly sprinkling so we took our umbrella with us (good thing--because it sprinkled hard some of the time). The ocean was so beautiful and we saw a full rainbow over it. Gavin had fun finding worms and snails and cool snail trails through the sand (see picture below!). He also found lots of sand crabs hopping around that he tried to catch. We petted each dog that passed our way and watched the surfers rising and falling with the waves. We decided that we wanted to surf and Gavin asked me if even old people like me could surf! (: We had a great walk and came home just in time for a warm bath before it was time for Gavin to go to preschool. I love having this time with my sweet little Gavin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow! That rainbow picture is gorgeous! It is so wonderful you take advantage of the time in the morning before preschool. I can barely get out the door in time for preschool let alone take a walk before.
gasp! did you really take that picture? it's gorgeous!
I had no idea snails left trails. Especially like that. It looks like ancient art. (yet -amazing that it's so temporary!)
I'm just starting to enjoy morning walks with my little one. I used to enjoy them so much with my neighbor's kids (that i babysat part time, regularly over the years) - such a great time for anything to be learned and absorbed with amazement. Including learning what old people can do! ;)
Okay I'm saying the same thing everyone else is saying. WoW! that picture of the rainbow is so pretty!
Post a Comment