
We had a great Christmas surprise in our ward. The sunday before Christmas Albert called me at 8:30 from the church (our ward starts at 9:30) and told me to hurry up and get to church with the kids to get a seat. He said that President Eyring was going to be there and word was just starting to get out. So the kids and I raced into high gear getting ready and were there by nine o'clock. I was so excited in anticipation as I waited in my seat and then when he walked in the side door, I was amazed at his very presence. We don't often get these kinds of experiences here in California. He spoke during sacrament meeting and then afterward came to primary just to speak to the children. Gavin and I were walking in the hall as he passed and I was crouched down to Gavin's ear telling him who he was and pointing him out to Gavin and President Eyring stopped and leaned down and smiled right to Gavin and shook his hand. We all were able to shake his hand and Albert shook his hand four times! Then, another surprise was just yesterday again at church--he was there again! He was spending time here with his family on a little vacation (who wouldn't want to vacation here!) and his cousin who is in our ward. We didn't think he would be here two weeks in a row! This time he spoke again in sacrament meeting and then spoke to the youth the third hour so Jacen had the opportunity to ask questions in a small group environment with the other youth. He is such an amazing man and with such a powerful spirit! I can't imagine how one could ever doubt his testimony when he speaks with such power and such a strong spirit. I'm so grateful that our family was able to experience meeting him and hearing several times his testimony in such a close atmosphere. It was an amazing christmas present!
(For those who don't know, President Eyring is the first counselor in the first presidency of the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. We revere him as a prophet of God and he serves under the direction of the prophet and president of our church, President Monson.)
3 comments:
How exciting! What a fun experience for your kids
Yah, I must say...I felt the same way...there was no denying the power and sincerity in his testimony. It literally moved me to tears, and not much does! Very, very powerful and we were indeed very, very blessed!
How very, very neat. I'm touched that he went to Primary the first week there. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment