We had a fun weekend at the annual snow-in-the-park festival here in town. The kids look forward to it all year. The city brings in a big truck and makes a HUGE pile of snow right in the park that the children play on all day long and sled down and make snow men. Here in this part of the country where we hardly ever see snow, this is quite the exciting activity! The funny thing is that it is totally warm (quite possibly a good beach day!) when this was going on. After the kids got a little wet and cold, they had fun jumping in the bounce houses, going on pony rides, horse drawn carriage rides, petting zoo, Santa and the Snow Queen. (The part I love is that it's all free!) The kids have so much fun with the snow but I think this is just about all the snow I want to have. It's so pretty but also so cold! I don't know what I would do if I had to bundle up three children every day to go out in the snow!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Snow in the Park
We had a fun weekend at the annual snow-in-the-park festival here in town. The kids look forward to it all year. The city brings in a big truck and makes a HUGE pile of snow right in the park that the children play on all day long and sled down and make snow men. Here in this part of the country where we hardly ever see snow, this is quite the exciting activity! The funny thing is that it is totally warm (quite possibly a good beach day!) when this was going on. After the kids got a little wet and cold, they had fun jumping in the bounce houses, going on pony rides, horse drawn carriage rides, petting zoo, Santa and the Snow Queen. (The part I love is that it's all free!) The kids have so much fun with the snow but I think this is just about all the snow I want to have. It's so pretty but also so cold! I don't know what I would do if I had to bundle up three children every day to go out in the snow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How fun! They do that here, but they charge $20 a person.
Oh that's fun!! Yeah, snow is beautiful fun to play in...but it gets kindof old when you have to shovel the walks every day and bundle up...our kids love it though...I think I like the snow in the park idea myself...How are you feeling now?? any better?
Wow, what a clever idea for your area that never gets snow. I'd be happy to send some of ours your way. It's soooo cold here!
Looks like fun, I never new that even existed here, crazy! Now that I know, we will have to hit that next year!
Post a Comment