Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Walk Out

Gavin has been watching a lot of Wallace and Gromit these days. Do you know those movies? They are cute. Anyway, in one of them, Gromit, the dog, runs away because he feels left out and unwanted. So when Gavin is not quite getting his way around here, he thinks he needs to run away but he calls it "walking away." So the other night it was totally pitch black outside and even raining and Gavin felt abused for some reason or other, I don't even know why (maybe he wasn't sure either) and he packed up his stuff (his pillowcase filled with some halloween candy and his bear) and walked out. We were trying not to laugh at his very SERIOUS situation. He got as far as the front sidewalk when he quickly turned around to run to the safety of his own home, after thinking about the recent mountain lion spottings in our area. My sweet little boy....

3 comments:

Ben and Rachel said...

This is so Gavin! I love that you have this documented too. He'll love it when he's older. I think I "walked away" (to the back yard) a few times when I was his age too. Didn't you?

Shellby said...

So cute. Laycee used to run away to the corner (of the house on Coolidge St) no less than twice a week. She would pack a box and put on a hat and sweater (no matter the weather) and sit down there until my parents got home from work.

Rochel said...

Funny, sort of! Such a cute little guy! Glad he came to his senses! I probably would have laughed too!