Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Soccer and Volleyball

 This picture was taken at Gavin's last soccer game. He has played three so far and has seven goals. Soccer here is a bit more competitive than PG but its great for Gavin. I'm excited to watch his whole season! It's fun being the mom of the soccer star. (: He is awesome because of his abilities but his sportsmanship and attitude is just as awesome. Often the other team realize he is one to be reckoned with and start pushing him around and playing rough. He holds his own but doesn't give them attitude back. I'm proud of him.
Last night we went to watch BYU Hawaii and Fresno Pacific University play volleyball. The Saulala family was there--some old friends of ours from Monterey. I remember their daughter, Fa, as a seven year old and now she's playing volleyball for Hawaii. It was so much fun to see them and cheer on BYU with the other Polynesians. Polynesians know how to have fun! BYU won and it was a great game.

No comments: