Thursday, September 19, 2013

First Day of School

 I'm getting these pictures up late but these are from the first day of school. Linnea went into 8th grade, Gavin into 4th, Micah into Preschool (but we'll see how long he lasts. /: He was excited his first day and now he won't even go unless I take him kicking. I don't know whether to push it or not. Jacen never went and he did fine but he has a more independent personality. Linnea (who's personality is most like Micah's) went to preschool and loved it. Gavin went to preschool and cried sometimes when I dropped him off but he didn't give me too much trouble and he liked it overall. I don't know what to do with Micah. Preschool is so expensive and then half the time I can't get him to go. I like having a few hours to shop or plan a lesson while he's gone too. I don't think he needs it academically but I worry that the adjustment to kindergarten will be hard.  And he gets bored home with me all the time. I seriously don't know how mom's actually like homeschooling. I love my kids but I so rarely get a break from them. I need the break while they are at school. I'm okay with Micah being home another year though. I like spending time with him. Any suggestions or advice?

Anyhow, that went off on a tangent. Jacen is a Senior this year but wouldn't let me take a picture.



The kids have all done well with adjusting to new schools. I worried most about Linnea. She had really great friends in PG and was the one who most didn't want to move. She has done fabulous at adjusting here! I think she loves that their are so many LDS kids here. They all hang out together at school and she feels very comfortable with them. I'm so glad that she is such a good friend and makes such good friends. We all knew Gavin would adjust well. He is my only extrovert child. He is so out-going and makes friends everywhere he goes. It was so funny recently when he made a really good friend at school and kept begging me to have a playdate with him. I told him that I needed to meet the boy's mother and really put it off. It's awkward. Finally, the other mother called me and we talked on the phone. We ended up talking about cub scouts and where our boys go for cub scouts and I found out that they are also LDS in another ward. Her husband was the Bishop of their ward. Gavin was so excited. Several wards feed into his school but he didn't realize it and didn't know other kids could be members. I'm glad that he can have member friends here. For Jacen, transferring as a Senior was a little harder then he thought it would be. The high school here is SO much bigger than PG high and he had grown up with the kids there and didn't know anyone here. He is doing well though. His seminary class is HUGE. I think he feels like he is biding his time until he leaves on his mission next summer. He's pretty much done with high school. He is a good student though and taking the ACT this Saturday and will be applying for colleges and scholarships in the next couple of months.

We really like living in Clovis. We like the people and schools and our ward. We like living near family here although we miss living by Tera. I want her to move here. I like that the weather is cooling down now. Of course their are things I miss but overall I am very happy. It has actually been an easier adjustment then I thought it would be. Being able to buy our own home helps make it worth it. I love our house. It's nothing fancy but it's ours. That reminds me that I haven't put up the pictures of our house yet. I will soon. (:

1 comment:

Karena said...

I don't have any advice about the preschool tithing, but if you think it might make kindergarten easier it might be worth it in the long run, I'm glad you are happy with your new move. It's hard being further away from family.