Monday, May 28, 2012

End of School, Memorial Day and Micah is 3!!!

 No more lunches to make for a while!
I'm thinking of the positives. In reality, summer is hard for me. No breaks and over time work.
I do; however, look forward to long warm days at the Carmel Valley Pool and getting to take extra long runs in the mornings.

To celebrate the end of school, one of the things Gavin's class did was a square dance/ice cream party.
 For Memorial Day we went to the Monterey Cemetary by Dennis-the-Menace Park to visit my Grandparents grave and take flowers and see the breaktaking display of flags.  It was beautiful.  We talked about our gratitude for our freedom and also about the role Grampa Neufeld played in World War 2. We met up with the Snyder family and talked about how Grampa's life was miraculously spared. Apparently he needed to be on Earth a bit longer. I LOVED seeing all the huge flags lining the driveways and the small ones at each military gravesight. I want my children to know why we have a holiday for Memorials Day and that its not just a day to play only.
 Here we are with my sister's family. I wonder if my grandparents knew we were there. I miss them. I bet they did.

 Today is also Micah's 3rd birthday! He has been waiting for this day for months and months.
Unfortunately he had a cold but he still had a great day.
Jump-N-Around was his choice and he wanted his cousins to be there.


 Then we came back to our house for some cake and ice cream and presents.
He was surprised this morning with a tricycle. Then this afternoon he got some kitchen/food items, cool light up cars, a xylphone, a water toy that hooks up to the hose, dinosaur magnet toys, a car carrier that hold little airplanes and a puppy to take for a walk.  So fun.

 His cousin, Maila, shares his birthday! She turned 9 today! She helped him blow out the candles.



Love this little guy and so glad that he's in our family. Three years have gone by way too fast.

1 comment:

Karena said...

Sounds like a lot of fun packed into one weekend! I can't believe how fast 3 years goes by also. How fun to have family close by to celebrate it!