Albert hurt his knee...badly. It's been 3 weeks I think now.
He was playing soccer, playing on a team in a league game and was running for the ball. He was kicked full force behind his knee and he went down hard. I saw him laying on the gound moaning in pain and I knew it was bad. Poor little Gavin was saying, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy..." He had to be carried off the field and when we made it to the emergency room he was seen quickly, as his pain was intense. After an MRI we found out that his ACL and MCL and Meniscus (spelling?) were all torn as well as a bone fracture. He was stuck on the couch for a week (thinking he needed a little bell!) and then slowly began recovering. He could drive after a little over a week (because it's his left knee) and now is doing physical therapy. Surgery looks inevitable but we will see. Our insurance will only pay for a teeny tiny portion of it. He is exercising so well to keep his body strong and improve the movement and healing. I'm so proud of him for that.
1 comment:
Oh no! I'm glad it's not worse. I hope things get better quickly!
Post a Comment