Friday, April 13, 2012

Favorite Things

My son was worried about the thunderstorms that were in our forecast and played out last night. (He ended up sleeping through them anyway but I didn't.) I sang him the song from The Sound of Music, "Favorite Things". I need to make my kids watch that movie. I feel like they won't grow up to be well-rounded, well-adjusted adults without it. I know its silly but one of these Sundays we are just going to watch it. "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...." Anyhow, singing that song has made me start thinking about my favorite things. So this week what I've thought of is:

I loved the movie. I wanted to re-read the books since it had been quite a while since I read them. So good. I love a good book. One of my favorite things is curling up with a good book at the end of a long day.

My favorite breakfast that I eat almost every day. So nutritious and yummy enough I'm tempted to think of it as dessert... muesli.

I love the rain and we've gotten quite a bit this week. Chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven. Love them. too much.I like my new J Crew bracelet that I bought because it reminds me of my children's love of finding frogs.
We have been playing lots of wiffle ball and I love it. It brings back memories of my childhood and playing with my older brother. I love that we have such a great place to play right across the street. So fun.

1 comment:

Karena said...

I just recently read the hunger games trilogy, it was so good! It's always good to remember our favorite things!