Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Goodbye Carmel House

My Grampa has been passed away now for 6 months or so and his house was put up for sale. It's bittersweet I guess. It was put on the market and their was a full price offer the very next day. In this market that is amazing. And its selling will benefit all the beneficiaries such as the Hopi Indian children's school (my Grama always had a soft spot in her heart for Indian children and I grew up visiting this Hopi Indian reservation taking them books and computers and such), the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and others. However, I will miss this house fiercely. This was my favorite vacation spot as a child. I loved climbing in those beautiful oak trees and playing in the tree house my cousins built which has now been taken down. I loved swinging from the tree swing. I loved smelling the Eucalyptus trees and feeling that wonderful feeling of being somewhere where I was loved so very much. I loved all the holidays spent there and summers and time with my grandparents. I love them so much and miss them and I guess their house is just a symbol of them and the time I spent with them. I hope the buyer won't tear it down. I hope they will love that house that my Grama and Grampa built so many years ago.

No comments: