Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze

The kids have been asking me to take them out to Carmel Valley to Earthbound Farms for a few weeks at least. Our favorite time to go is in the Fall. With school schedules, it's hard to find the time but last week was our Fall break. The first half of the week they went to their Grandparents (my parents) house in Coalinga. They had a blast riding horses and playing miniature golf and driving cars and visiting cousins and the list goes on and on. Then when they came home we had time to go out to Earthbound Farms to the pumpkin patch and corn maze. Then a couple days later we also went apple picking in Watsonville with Tera and her children but after getting their we discovered the the camera battery was dead. Too bad. We picked delicious apples and made an apple pie and are planning on making applesauce today. What else have we been doing? Lots of Yahtzee. It's amazing how those old games are still so fun and I like the old versions better then the new versions. We all play in the evening and then after getting the younger kids to bed, Jacen and I play a couple of games more. It brings back memories of playing as a child with Tera and playing with Albert when we were dating.


Isn't this a cute wreath from Trader Joes for those like me who like cute things but are unmotivated/don't have time to make something? I love it on our sage/pea green doors.
The kids were excited about carving pumpkins. Micah says they are scary! I don't know whats up with his faces/smile these days....
Linnea did ghosts, Gavin did a grim reaper and Gavin helped Micah do a face. Micah wanted specifically a scary face! When we lit them up, he was afraid to go outside and look at them!
I just realized that I could take Tera's pictures off of facebook, so these pictures were taken by Tera on her phone. The kids were excited here to start picking apples!
Carter and Gavin loved finding lizards as much as picking apples. Gavin put one on my back and it quickly crawled up my back and neck to the top of my head where it sat in my hair! I screamed and Tera screamed and the kids ran away! Then Carter hurried and got it off. The kids love them more then I do.

1 comment:

Karena said...

Lots of fun! Fall is a great time of year!