Thursday, September 1, 2011

Puppy Chow

So I have been doing this workout with a couple friends called Insanity. Have you heard of it? The first couple times really felt like insanity! Today it seemed better, even with only 6 hours of sleep. I am less sore--just sore enough to feel good and feel it working but I can walk. That's always nice...to be able to walk. So this along with my regular running, I shouldn't be thinking of treats. The problem is that my kids do. So anyhow, I made this recipe but I only ate enough to just try and that. is. all. I don't want my hard work to be for nothing.

So I got this recipe in my email inbox and thought of Linnea.
I decided to make it today so it would be ready when the kids get home from school.
They are always ravenous!

First melt 1 c. chocolate chips, 1/4 c. butter, and 1/2 c. peanut butter (I used half sunflower butter because I was running out of peanut butter). This mixture tastes GREAT with a banana dipped into it. I may have done that. (:
Then pour over 8 cups Chex cereal (whatever kind of mixture of kinds you want). I also sprinkled in raw oats to appease the health consciousness in me.
Then put everything in a gallon size zip lock bag and shake with 1 cup powdered sugar. Then lay over wax paper and refrigerate until set.
Yummy and easy to use corn chex for gluten-free or sunflower butter for peanut allergies...
I heard this is great over ice cream....if you like that sort of thing. Which I don't even really like ice cream but my kids do!

No comments: