As long as we've lived here and loved driving down to Big Sur, we've never visited the Big Sur River Inn area. So on a recent Saturday we headed that way. It was a gorgeous day! We stopped at the general store at the River Inn for a nice little lunch ($68!! next time Subway on our way there) which we ate by and in the river.

There is also a heated pool right next to the river in which we swam. It was a lot of fun and since Albert was with us, I finally got to really swim and play with Linnea and Gavin.


Gavin braved the cold water...all the way. He got completely in the water from head to foot and it's COLD...as cold as the ocean!

Micah loved throwing in rocks. We all tried skipping rocks and all got at least a couple skipped.

We found some really cool looking rocks.

It was neat how we could actually put our chairs right in the water.


Back at home Gavin found some worms!

Micah did too...and with the funniest face ever!

We enjoyed an awesome 50's party for Nanette turning 50!! Linnea and Gavin both won a hoola hopping contest and won gift certificates for In n Out! Dallin is doing a great job here too!

There were obstacles bounce courses, a bounce house with a basketball hoop even, and this bungee cord bounce game. So fun! I even did it.

The decorations were amazing, the food was great, the company was fun. I tried dressing Micah up...see his slicked back hair?

Thanks Nanette for turning 50!

We've spent tons of days at the beach! I feel like I'm on vacation in between my laundry loads and cooking of meals.



I've enjoyed having some extra time to do things with the kids. We also have spent some time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, PG Museum, the dozens of great parks around here, the PG High Pool, the Carmel Valley pool, bike rides and walks to see the baby seals... so much fun to be had in our own backyard. I love it here!
4 comments:
you really do live in the most amazing place. your summer looks awesome. so fun to see you guys the other day!
Miss Monterey a lot! Hope we'll get a chance to come visit soon.
Sounds like a fun-filled June!
I remember visiting the River Inn during our stay there in Monterey. It's quaint and beautiful! Love that you can sit in the river. Hope you and your family are doing well!
Post a Comment