Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Bonfire

One of my favorite things about summer is having more time for summer bonfires. This time we went to Seal Rock beach. The Olsen family happened to be walking by and stopped for a bit. The Huston family came down and we played a fun game of football. I don't think any one scored though. It was fun. Hot dogs, s'mores, listening to the ocean waves...some of my favorite things.
We took along the Friend magazine and Linnea read a story to all of us. (I have to take teachings moments that I can and I won't hear any complaints when mouths are full of s'mores. :)


I'm learning to endure summer better and even enjoy it! I just need to be sure and get a run in every morning and get the kids out twice a day. The first week after school let out was tough but I am enjoying extra time for outings with the kids now.

1 comment:

***** said...

That's a great policy to keep the summer sanity. A run and get the kids out twice a day. I love it! Thanks for your wisdom. When I met you my kids were still little and I loved how easy and fun it was to get out and have fun with you. Glad you're living it up.