Tuesday, September 21, 2010

cello


Linnea has been taking some time choosing just the right instrument to learn.
She needed to pick two instruments and then her instructor would have the final decision based upon putting the band or orchestra together.
She originally was deciding between violin and flute over the past year.
Then she went to a large meeting and heard and saw the instruments and chose #1: violin and #2: trumpet.
Then she met in small groups with her instructor and was able to try the instruments and hear them played and really get up close with them.
After that session she changed her mind to #1: cello and #2: flute.
I LOVE the sound of the cello and it sounds beautiful played with the flute (me thinking of playing with her) and of course I would also love for her to pick flute because I could help her and I have an extra flute. I really loved her choices and didn't care which she learned.
Her instructor had the final decision and Linnea is playing the cello! We rented her instrument for now and it's beautiful and plays beautifully and Linnea is already learning the notes and how to play. It's VERY exciting.

We will have a band/orchestra here in our house soon. Albert has a violin (doesn't know how to play) but he even asked me to go get him a beginner music book for it.

The Zuniga family PLAYS!
The family that plays together stays together! (I know....corny.)

4 comments:

Ben and Rachel said...

Awesome Linnea! I love the sound of the cello also. Beautiful!

Лена said...

This is awesome, you guys can by like a VonTrump family(Sound of Music) but playing instruments:)
Good luck Linnea to learning those notes:)!

Karena said...

The cello is wonderful! I played the oboe myself.

T J V said...

The cello is so beautiful to listen too, yay for Linnea.