Friday, October 16, 2009

Earthbound Organic Farm

The younger children and I went out to Earthbound Farm today. We were supposed to meet a bunch of friends there but Jacen ran into the window with his head and shattered the glass (long story!) and the glass repairman was fixing it at the time we were supposed to meet our friends. Oh well. So we went in the afternoon because I had already said we could go. Every time I go out there, I wonder why I don't go more often. It's only like 15 minutes away in Carmel Valley and usually beautiful weather and oh so much fun. Plus I'm all about organic.
The kids with their pumpkins. I let them buy small pumpkins and we also had some delicious ice cream.
Baby Micah and I enjoying walking around the beautiful gardens and farm. It was the perfect sunny day in Carmel Valley.
Happy Boy playing with mama in the shade while the others played in the children's garden.
One of the great pumpkin totem poles.
"Five Little Pumpkins sitting on a gate" or maybe six or seven or eight or ....
I had to take this picture because I absolutely LOVE this vine and the flowers that grow on it. I want to plant one in my yard!
The herb garden.
So many herbs...someday I'll snip some to bring home.
Linnea and Gavin in the herb garden. I also love these nasturtiums. They are easy to grow and love this peninsula weather. They'll take over a garden if one lets them. Note: they are edible too.
Micah and I in the labyrinth.
Beautiful lavender smells so good and it was growing everywhere!
The labyrinth.
The labyrinth had chamomile growing underfoot so the kids took off their shoes to walk the maze of circles through in order to better smell the delicious herb. They made their way through the circles to the middle.
Gavin made it to the middle. What did he find?
This sign with this quote was in the middle of the labyrinth.
A family of chickens we followed in the corn maze.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Sorry about the broken glass! But hey by going in the afternoon you got to see a totem pole! That wasn't there in the morning...they'd been ruined from the storm. You got some great pictures!

Shannon said...

i absolutely love earthbound farm! it's one of my favorite places on earth. i think the last time i was there was about a year ago this same time so your post brought back some wonderful memories for me, thank you :)