Swimming lessons for this summer were at Lovers Point. It's a cute little outdoor pool steps from the beach, heated to 98 degrees--which is needed in our cool summers. It's funny to tourists to see kids swimming when it is sometimes foggy and even misty outside, but they stay so warm in the pool. I also got a summer swim pass there because it is ideal for me to take them swimming to get out energy while I am holding little Micah and watching. Sometimes even Jacen and a friend would come in with them to warm up after hanging out at Lovers Point swimming in the cold ocean.
Linnea is already a good, independent swimmer and Gavin is very close to being safe and independent in the water!
is next to him.
When I asked Gavin what his favorite thing was about swimming lessons, he said, "Jump ins!" The kids would line up to jump in and the teacher would call out a question to them like, "What is your favorite food?" Then the kids would call out an answer to the question mid-air while jumping in.
No comments:
Post a Comment