We have a thirteen year old! Yikes! Actually, it has felt like we've had a teenager in the house for a while but now it is official. (: Jacen turned thirteen and we celebrated with dinner at Chili's restaurant with Marilyn, Grampa Neufeld, and Tera and Jared's family. Afterward we came back home for lemon cake and presents. Next week he will celebrate some more with a friends party at the movie theater. Sometimes it seems so strange to me to have a teenager when I still sometimes feel like one myself! (: I was remembering recently what it was like when Jacen was five because I came across a little piece of paper I had written down some questions and how he answered them. Remember, he was five.
1. What do you want to be when you grow up? An astronaut, a daddy and someone who fixes things.
2. What is your favorite animal? A bat--I would like to be a bat because I would like to be nocturnal.
3. What are your favorite colors? Blue and black.
4. What do you like best about school? Recess.
5. What is your favorite thing to do? Go to the aquarium with Mommy.
I have loved watching Jacen grow up and am so glad that he is a part of my life. He is a sensitive and good young man and contributes so much to our family. I know that he'll just continue to grow and mature into someone I will continue to be proud of. We love him so much.
(And now, on that thought I'm going to go wrestle him down and drag him to get a haircut! )
1 comment:
Tell Jacen we said Happy Birthday! We sure miss you guys.
Post a Comment