Monday, March 2, 2009

Pregnancy Pilates?

Okay... have any of you tried pilates and yoga while pregnant? Today it is raining and so I couldn't do my usual walking outside and I really wanted to get in some exercise. My joints feel SO loose and out of wack--I didn't think it would be a good idea to do weight lifting. So, I decided to do a little yoga and pilates. I don't have any dvd's especially for pregnancy so I realized that I wouldn't be able to do everything but I was determined to try. I actually surprised myself that I could actually do some poses like Pigeon. I laughed outloud while the instructor said things like, "Really scoop to create your flat belly!" Yah right! And "Let's work on that waistline." What waistline? Anyway, I feel pretty good for now but let's hope that I can move the rest of the day. I'd love to hear if any of you have tried this stuff.

1 comment:

T J V said...

I did some yoga, and post baby yoga too. It is really good but I would definitely recommend gettins some pregnancy specific DVD'a as there are some moves and such you shouldn't do, even if you can. I am sure you could find some cheap on eBay or something.