

Pacific Grove, lovingly called PG by it's residents, is such a quaint, cute town and we love it! The Monarch butterflies migrate here every year to a forested sanctuary that just so happens to be down the street and the elementary schools always have a celebration to welcome the butterflies. The monarchs travel over 2,000 miles to come here and the sanctuary houses tens of thousands each year. It's really amazing to see. The kindergarteners dress up like butterflies and each other grade dress up as various things. Jacen has been a clown and miner, Linnea has been butterfly and tree, there are jellyfish, otters, penguins, painters, etc. This year Linnea was a Native American. I helped make the classroom's outfits and was walking in the parade with her class so I went ahead and made Gavin one too. He didn't know what to do about all the attention!
1 comment:
Oh I miss PG and the BUTTERFLIES!!! I LOVED to go see them each year.
Post a Comment