Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lovers Point PG

Sometimes as parents, we realize that to keep our sanity we must pack up and leave our house to get the kids out and moving about. This was one of those times. We had enjoyed watching conference immensely but it was about all the sitting still our kids could handle and we walked to Lovers Point to bask in the beauty Heavenly Father created in our part of the world.
We climbed up the huge rock pile at the tip of Lovers point and watched some surfers catching waves, saw a shark, and watched in awe of the beautiful ocean.
If you look out at the end of the point, you can see the rock pile that the kids love to climb on. It looks kind of small in the picture but is actually pretty large and great for stretching their legs and getting out a little energy.
Albert is pointing out the seagull to Gavin. Kinda funny....we don't like them so much when they sneak up and steal our picnic on the beach!
Linnea and Gavin relaxing in the soft grass at Lovers Point.

I'm so grateful for my family and I love them so much and love our little outings in which to enjoy their company more fully. I'm also so grateful to live in the most amazingly beautiful part of Earth. I am in constant awe of its beauty and grandeur as I look out over the ocean.

2 comments:

Brenna said...

We are pretty darn fortunate! I still wish it was a little warmer sometimes.
I am curious about this shark! Leopard, Horn, Swell, White? Could you tell what kind? We still haven't seen one diving let alone from shore...lucky!

Jaime said...

I love the coolness that we usually have! But I can deal with the warm days by going to the beach. I have no idea what kind of shark it was. I'm sure you would (maybe even Lily)!