Linnea wore the baptism dress that I was baptized in 21 years ago, that my grandmother had made for me. It made the day even more special. Afterward we had pictures taken of our family and our whole extended family that was here. We really needed both! (I will post them when I get them on my computer!) Then we watched the video tape of my baptism. Back then, we could videotape these things. It was so fun to watch and remember my day so long ago and Linnea loved seeing me as an 8 year old. All the cousins and spouses of my brothers and sister LOVED seeing all of us 21 years younger. It was pretty funny at times and cute. I hope that Linnea will have great memories of her baptism day to share with her daughter someday. Maybe the dress will even make it through another generation or two! I love you, Linnea!!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Linnea's Baptism Day
We were so happy to share in Linnea's special baptism day. It was such a nice day and nice baptism and we had so many wonderful family and friends to enjoy it with. Linnea loved it that so many people could be there to support her. She is such a good and sweet girl and always desiring to do right. We're so proud of her decision to be baptized and "stand as a witness of God" as a member of His church. Our membership in His church is so precious and important to us. It was a wonderful day.



Linnea and her cousins at her baptism.
Linnea and her father before the baptism.
Linnea wore the baptism dress that I was baptized in 21 years ago, that my grandmother had made for me. It made the day even more special. Afterward we had pictures taken of our family and our whole extended family that was here. We really needed both! (I will post them when I get them on my computer!) Then we watched the video tape of my baptism. Back then, we could videotape these things. It was so fun to watch and remember my day so long ago and Linnea loved seeing me as an 8 year old. All the cousins and spouses of my brothers and sister LOVED seeing all of us 21 years younger. It was pretty funny at times and cute. I hope that Linnea will have great memories of her baptism day to share with her daughter someday. Maybe the dress will even make it through another generation or two! I love you, Linnea!!
Linnea wore the baptism dress that I was baptized in 21 years ago, that my grandmother had made for me. It made the day even more special. Afterward we had pictures taken of our family and our whole extended family that was here. We really needed both! (I will post them when I get them on my computer!) Then we watched the video tape of my baptism. Back then, we could videotape these things. It was so fun to watch and remember my day so long ago and Linnea loved seeing me as an 8 year old. All the cousins and spouses of my brothers and sister LOVED seeing all of us 21 years younger. It was pretty funny at times and cute. I hope that Linnea will have great memories of her baptism day to share with her daughter someday. Maybe the dress will even make it through another generation or two! I love you, Linnea!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a special day! Madison can't wait until hers in January. Thanks for sharing such great experiences.
Post a Comment