We had like a week straight of 110 degree weather. We almost died. We decided to take a break from it and drop in on my sister who graciously accommodated our whole family of six plus one big dog at her house. One of the days we drove over to Gizditch Ranch in Watsonville to pick ollalaberries. They are so good! We sampled a few. This picture was taken towards the beginning of our picking. By the end, most of the kids had purple faces and shirts! (: That day we drove back home to Clovis and upon arriving pretty late at night, I immediately froze enough for future pies and then made most into jam. If I had waited until the next day they would have gone bad. They were ripe and sweet! I LOVE ollalaberry jam. It's like a dessert to me on toast. After giving some away, I am savoring the rest and trying to make it last.
No comments:
Post a Comment