Thursday, June 14, 2012

A few Fiji Pictures

 Jacen had a couple of awesome days on a small island that he said was like paradise before boating back to the main island and then busing across to where they would be working the remainder of the trip. Jacen said that the bus ride was long and difficult and this picture shows why. (: I guess they had to push it out of the mud. I was amazed that it rains SO much in Fiji. In the month of June they average 8-9 inches of rain! They get way more in one month than we get all year. No wonder it gets muddy. (Jacen is the one in the dark orange shirt.)
 Here is a picture of the whole group. I love that Jacen looks so happy. (:
 Last night they went to the temple. Jacen is in the middle/left of this picture but he's behind a girl's head. Too bad we can't see him in the picture but I'm so glad that he got to go to the temple there! What a great experience.
Jacen isn't in this picture but this boy is one of his group working with native Fijians. It shows the work that Jacen is also doing.

2 comments:

Karena said...

An experience of a lifetime. It looks like he is working hard and having fun. How long is he gone for?

Лена said...

How Fun! Jacen will come back a changed man!:)