He had a fun Carnival birtday party with tons of games (requiring tickets) and prizes galore and balloons and a candy-walk. Albert barbequed hot dogs for the kiddos and steak for the dads and Linnea's sweet friends came to help run the carnival games. It was a ton of work but a blast too!
Gavin has been so excited about turning eight and he wanted to know just what time he was actually born (4:30 a.m.) and the details of his birth. I thought it was cute that he wanted to know about that. (: He woke up on the morning of his birthday and said, "Mom, I feel the same!" I asked him, "Did you think you would feel different? Did you think you would feel older or wiser?" Cute huh. He is my bundle of happy energy but not overly so. He is very mature. He asks mature questions and speaks in a way so that I know he is thinking beyond his years. He is also very compassionate. One of his teachers at school just called me recently even and talked of how much she loved her time with him and how impressed she was at his sincere compassion for others. He is kind and sweet and so talented! He has talents in music and writing and reading and athletics. He has always astounded those around him watching him play any sport. It's been fun to be the mom of the "star" of the team. He most importantly has a sweet testimony of Jesus Christ and he wants to be baptized and wants to serve a mission someday. He more often then not, goes up and bares his testimony to the hundreds of people in the congregation on Fast Sunday. I feel so blessed to have this boy in my life. I'm sure that I learn more from him then he does from me. I love my big eight year old and am so happy that he will be baptized tomorrow!
1 comment:
Time flies! My oldest is 8 and I wonder where the time has gone! Sounds like you are an awesome mom and threw a great party!
Post a Comment