Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ginger Veggie Stir Fry


My parents were coming to dinner and I wanted to make something good and vegetarian because I'm just not liking to eat meat these days and I found this recipe and tried it. I loved it! I've made it several times since. It's easy and one can use pretty much any vegetables they happen to have and so flavorful! I love fresh ginger so I used that generously in this dish.

Ingredients
1 T. cornstarch
1 1/2 cloves garlic (I doubled this)
2 t. chopped fresh ginger (divided) - (I at least doubled this)
2 c. broccoli florets
1/2 c. snow peas
3/4 c. julienne carrots
2 T. soy sauce
1/2 c. green beans
2 1/2 T. water (I needed more like 4 or 5 T.)
1/4 c. chopped onion
salt to taste

In a bowl blend cornstarch, garlic, 1 t. ginger, 2 T oil until cornstarch dissolves. Mix in veggies and toss to lightly coat.
Heat 2 T. oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook veggies about 2 minutes stirring constantly. Stir in soy sauce and water. Mix in onion, salt and remaining ginger. Cook til veggies are tender but still slightly crisp.
Serve over brown rice.
I made once with chicken diced up and added and diced, marinated tofu as well.
119 calories per serving for veggie mixture.

I have also used bell pepper and pea shoots...whatever veggies I have.

2 comments:

Sayaka said...

This recipe looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try it soon :)

Ben and Rachel said...

Yum! I will have to try this! I've been meaning to pick your brain for good, healthy recipes. What is your "go-to" or do you just make them up? I'd love to get some of your favorites!