Saturday, May 7, 2011

Linnea's Science School/Camp

Linnea wrote this post!
She went to science camp this past week. We missed her a lot but she had a lot of fun!
I love this picture. We hiked by here and this mini creek leads to a pool0like creek bed with a waterfall. There, I made rock paint for my skit my cabin had to create.
Goats. Their secret weapon that eats the broom. There are two goats. I only got a good shot of one goat. This one is Jasper. This is a picture of Jasper eating broom from my hands.
This was my wonderful naturalist Casey. She is the one who taught me which plants are edible, which ones cure stomach and headaches, which ones work as toothbrushes, which ones are weeds that look as pretty as regular flowers (broom), and many more important things that I am so glad I learned.
On our "all day" hike, we hiked down to roaring camp and stopped in a shady grassy spot and ate lunch. I still can't believe I hiked about 7 miles in 100 degrees (or more) weather. But I thought is was pretty cool to see the roaring camp train. It was kinda worth it.
We hiked everyday for class and this is one of my favorite places we hiked to. In a huge circle layered with tall, tall, redwood trees. In this picture I took, I looked directly up standing in the exact middle of the circle.
This is my cabin. I am sitting right in front of my counselor, Victoria (Tori) Lis. My bestest friend Morgan, is sitting kitty-corner from me, she is also in 2 french braids. The rest of my cabin is Vanessa (on my right), Genevieve and Jane, acting silly next to Morgan, and Brianna (green shirt), and Dominique, on Victoria's left. They were the best cabin!


2 comments:

Лена said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Ritters said...

What a great experience!