Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stepin' Up

Albert and I have thus far slept on a full size bed and been grateful for that. Even when we bought a new bed two years ago, we bought a full size because something bigger would not have possibly fit into our tiny room (a sacrifice that comes with living in paradise). Just lately we had begun dreaming of a bigger bed and then the opportunity arose for us to have a nearly new California king size bed that had belonged to my great uncle from Fresno. We were elated! And along with that came a new beautiful bedroom set--something beyond even our wildest dreams!
I found a bedding set that I fell in LOVE with from Anthropologie but it was pretty pricey as you can imagine. Is it my fault I have great (albeit expensive) taste? BUT I found one almost identical at Target (Shabby Chic) for a quarter of the price and it included shams! Albert says it looks girly, but, hey, that's what happens when you share a room with a girl, which he doesn't usually complain about. (;
I feel so grown up!


I love this cute little vintage chair that Jacen picked up from Uncle Les' house as well.

8 comments:

Piano Mom said...

How nice! I bet it's great to sleep on something so big.

Shannon said...

wow lucky you! you do have nice taste!!

Лена said...

Your room looks awesome!!!! Love it!

Ritters said...

Josh and I slept on a double when we were first married and then I got prego and It just was plan uncomfortable so I told him it was time to get a new one and I wanted a King. He was also too tall for the double so he was half way on my side. I am so glad we did. You will love it and your kids will be able to come in and snuggle with you in the morning.

***** said...

It is so lovely in your room! What a beautiful spread and you will never want to go back to a smaller bed. The CA King is heavenly! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Okaaaay! I totally thought you had the comforter from Anthro! I'm so in love with that one too! I can't believe target had one that looks so much like it! That is so awesome! Your room looks great!

danna said...

That bedroom set is so gorgeous! Love your bedding too!!!

Lisa said...

It is beautiful! Justin and I have really been wanting a bedroom set.
We have a queen, and love it. I bet a king size is great! But think, with a double bed it makes it easier to cuddle. :-D
(I'd take the bigger bed too and still cuddle).
Cute flowers!
and I LOVE the blankets. They look so soft and comfortable.