Monday, April 13, 2009

Good Ol' Days Parade and Festival

Our cute little small coastal town has a old fashioned festival and parade every year. The kids always look forward to it. I do too but not the $5 rides, $4 lemonades and $5 corn dogs. Oh well...
Gavin sliding down the bounce house slide.
A twirly, whirly ride. I told the kids about when Chris and I went on twirly tea pots at Disneyland when we were little and Chris twirled it so hard that I couldn't even hold up my head!

One of the rides they went on. The city blocks off main street to make room for the rides and booths. Otherwise, if you're familiar with the peninsula, you'd wonder where on earth this stuff would fit.

Gavin with his goods!

Horses! American Flag! We love America! Wish Mom were in it with her Arabian.

Here's one for Dad. There were a LOT of cars in the parade! When we moved to Monterey from Fresno 9 years ago we were amazed at the difference in parades. SO many horses in Clovis, SO many cars on the peninsula. Very cool.

I thought this was a clever one. She is modeling all the plastic bags the average person uses in a year. I forgot how many exactly. Use your canvas shopping bags!!!! Reduce your carbon footprint!

Balloon Platoon in the Parade--I told Albert that that's going to be him in a few years! (:

2 comments:

Ben and Rachel said...

I miss Monterey! It always had fun events going on for no reason at all! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Rochel said...

We missed the parade, so thanks for posting pics of that! Yah, the lemonade was expensive, but the one we had was REALLY good!!!