Okay, I can't upload the ultrasound pictures. They are scanned into my computer but it's not working. I will try to work on it. Their is a picture of his little face and a picture of his boy parts, which Jace thinks is totally inappropriate to post on my blog. It turns out that Linnea was much, much more upset then I thought she would be. I told her when I picked her up from school and she burst into tears and ran away and all the way home. I followed after and heard her in her room crying so I thought I'd let her be for a little while to try to work some of the emotions out on her own. When I finally did go into her room to try to console her, she had little baby girl clothes (that's how sure we were it was a girl) laid out carefully around her bedroom floor and she was in the middle of them just sobbing away. I felt so bad for her. I asked her if she wanted to take some of them back and exchange them for boy clothes and she just wasn't up for it. She cried for at least another hour and then tonight she said that she was ready to go shopping. It was too late so I told her we could go tomorrow, so instead she went online to oldnavy.com and started some online shopping. She's coming around. She's afraid she's going to just have one more boy picking on her all the time. Poor Linnea. I told her he would probably be really sweet and look up to her and she could teach him all sorts of things like my older brother taught me. Leif taught me how to tie my shoes, ride my bike, dive, and so many other things. I also told her that her aunt Yolanda was the only girl in a family with four brothers and she got to have her own room when they had to share. If you have any other ideas to console Linnea, I'd love to hear them, but I'm sure she'll be fine. Now we just have to think of a name. I think that's going to be hard so I'm glad we have time.
7 comments:
Oh Congrats!!! Boys are so fun!!! Yeah, take her shopping...that always makes me feel better too. We are excited for you guys!
I was in such shock when Albert told me! I was seeing pink, pink, pink. I was linnea all day so I got on your blog to see if you had posted anything. Tell her I always wish that my little was a boy so she wouldn't have stoll all my clothes! Tell her to that she is such a sweet girl and i love her. She will be the best big sister ever! I can't wait for her to feel that love of holding a tiny baby and thinking "I wouldn't change this baby for any other one ever!"
It always feels like it was ment to be the moment you get to hold the baby.
Congrats! I thought it would be a girl also, but a boy will be so fun! Gavin will have a little buddy!
Well, that is awsome! Congrats!
Congratulations!
being the youngest... i dont' know what she's feeling! As for what helps?..Other than time....I dunno.
I'm sure I would have liked what's been said about not sharing rooms and clothes, ha.
Linnea feels so much better about
this. We are going to get a chest
of drawers today. And theres a
hole bunch of clothes here and at terras house. She hope its like this sweet little boy that isent
so rough. ( thats the good part.)
Post a Comment