On this Father's Day, I have been thinking of the great men in my life. First of all, I think of my Dad. I am proud to relate to Enos in the Book of Mormon when he says, "I, Enos, knowing my father that he was a just man--for he taught me in his language, and also in the nurture and admonition of the Lord--and blessed be the name of my God for it--" My Dad was a great example to me. He continuously chose the right and led a life in congruence with the gospel of Jesus Christ. I always knew he had an unshakable testimony of Christ and lived accordingly. He blessed me and our home with the Priesthood. He served others willingly and happily. I always have looked up to my Dad. I always thought he knew just about everything. I still do. I always knew that if I ever needed him, he would be there. There is no doubt in my mind that he would do anything for me. When I think back to my youth, I have so many great memories with him. I remember camping trips and road trips, board games and card games. I remember him helping me with my homework. I cherish the memories of him reading to me every night and sleeping for a few minutes at the end of my bed while I went to sleep so I wouldn't be scared. (Sometimes I think he fell asleep first <: ) I remember my Dad praying with me at the side of my bed every single night. I feel so blessed to have a Dad such as he was. Thank you, Dad. I love you!
I am blessed to have great men in my life. I cherish my husband with all of my heart. He continuously sacrifices for our family and loves me and our children dearly. He puts us first. He serves his children and he serves the Lord. He has such a sweet and sincere testimony that makes me love him even more. He treats me like a queen and takes the responsibility of fatherhood seriously. He understands that he is raising valiant children of God. He loves to play with them and talk with them and learn from them. He is a great example of service and shows them his dedication to do what is right, even when it differs from what others may think. He has amazing patience with me and our children. I love my husband so much and love him for what he has become and will become. I'm so glad to be partners with him through this life and all eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment